Friday 13 January 2012

Friday is my Thursday

Well today is Friday but actually its my thursday. I have to work Saturdays and I get Sundays off then back to it Monday. We had some changes at work so I get Tuesdays and Wednesdays off if chose for my two consecutive days. Makes it hard having the girls by myself most of the time because we can't do much together on weekends. I weighed myself today scared to see what it would say and I figured as much, I am up 1.6 pounds. I have issues with the scale.... I tend to weigh myself at least once a day. I know your not supposed to, I know you should only weigh yourself once a week, but I can't do it. It gives me a calming feeling to know exactly everyday how much i weigh. I was txting DS last night and we were talking about eating and yes although I am doing WW I still have the flexibility to eat what I want and enjoy life and not have to be restricted. I can go out once or a twice a week and use up my extra weeklies, or I can just not track a day but know I will get back on it the next day or so. Its a change that I have made in my thinking. I used to think ok well if i screwed up this day then mine as well screw up this entire week then this entire month! Now I can go off track for a day or two and then the next day Im right back at it. Its always like that when BM comes home. But then the two weeks hes gone I follow strictly and track everything. It reminds me that I am human and I am not a robot and I can eat bad a few days and get back on the trackin train!

So, although I have to work tomorrow BM the girls and I are going to watch some movies tonight and eat our yummy steak supper tonight.

I just wanted to give you (don't know who YOU are yet?) two of my fav breakfast ideas.  For breakfast I tend to eat the same thing every morning, but because I cant think of anything else but because I love these little Sandwiches. I got the idea from a fellow blogger TJ's Test Kitchen. Its a wonderful breakfast sandwich. I switch it up now and again but usually its the same thing. I start off with my high fibre english muffin. I do a lot of my grocery shopping in the USA because I live ten minutes from the border. I use Sarah Lee light english muffins a morningstar sausage soy patty, and usually a slice of cheese or a wedge of LC herb and garlic cheese. If I am really hungry when I wake up I will cook 1/4 cup( my Great Value brand is 1 pt for a 1/4 cup and also still 1 pt for 1/2 cup) of liquid eggs in the microwave and put that on my sandwich as well. I find using 1/4 cup is plenty of egg for my sandwich so I don't use the 1/2 cup. It is a GREAT 5 or 6 point breakfast sandwich. Ill post a picture of one tomorrow!

If I want more protein I will have 1/4 cup of light cottage cheese and one of those fruit cups drained and mixed in mmmm. I actually  just started to like cottage cheese about 4 months ago. I always thought it looked disgusting so I would never eat it. I thought it was like chunky rotten curds of chesse EWWW. And then I had some leftover from a lasagne one day and I thought What the heck I mine as well try a little on my tongue and see what it tastes like right? Well im glad I did, it has so much protein in it and I can use it in sooo many different ways. I like it with fruit or with sliced cucumbers with some salt and pepper mmmm. Aslso I love cream salad dressing so i use it as salad dressing with SandP and top it with some chopped almonds and mmm its delish!
 

Thos are two of my fave things for breaky. Ill do another post about my fav lunch ideas tomorrow.

Breakfast
MorningStar Sausage Patty 2pts
Light English Muffin 1pt
LC Cheese Wedge 1pt
Total 4 pts










Lunch
1 cup V8 Garden Broccoli soup 1pt
Sandwich Thin 1pt
LC Cheese Wedge 1pt
Avtivia FF yogurt 1pt
Total 4pts

Supper
Steak 7pts
Garlic Red Mashed Potaotes 5pts
Garlic Bread 4pts
Ceasar Salad 6 pts
Beans 2pts
Total 24pts

32 Points today, not bad for BM being home I guess. My goal next time he is home is to eat every meal at home and count everything while he is here. That is going to be a BIG challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I could eat that breakfast sandwich for B, L, or D! :) YUM to cottage cheese!

    ReplyDelete